A family in Makuchi Sub-location in Hamisi, Vihiga County, is mourning the death of a 14-year-old boy who was electrocuted while pruning a tree.
The incident in Bulukhombe Village happened when the branches fell on the electric cables.
“The tree is near electricity cables. One of the branches fell on the cables and electrocuted the boy,” Makuchi Assistant Chief Seth Jiveti said.
Technicians from Kenya Power we called to bring down his body from the tree.
The assistant chief said an unknown person had hired the boy to prune the tree.
The administrator urged parents to be cautious with their children this period they are home for the holidays.
Thanks for choosing WKT. Advertise with us for affordable offers.