The body of a 41-year-old man from Musembe Sub-location in Chekalini Ward, Lugari Sub-County, who died in Qatar after a building collapsed, has arrived home.
The body of the man, Rodgers Indako Museni, who had stayed away for four years, has been taken to the Chebaiywa Mortuary as burial arrangements continue.
His father and mother, Adrian Inziani and Eunice Seru, respectively, said their son died after a four-storey building in Al Mansoura, Doha, collapsed.
They had spoken to him a few days before the tragedy struck on March 22, 2023.
“We had discussed plans for him to send payment for his child’s school fees,” his mother, Seru, said.
“We first got a report that the building where he was living had collapsed on Wednesday last week, but we were not told about our son’s state. We tried to contact the embassy on both sides but were unsuccessful. It was only days later, on Saturday, that we were told that he did not make it,” his father, Inziani, said.
His wife, Linet Museni, said he was to travel back to the country in June to visit his family.
Sam Oduor is the editor-in-chief at the Western Kenya Times who leverages the power of the Internet in telling stories that shape opinions.