Vihiga: 14-year-old boy electrocuted while pruning a tree
A family in Makuchi Sub-location in Hamisi, Vihiga County, is mourning the death of a 14-year-old boy who was electrocuted while pruning a tree.
The incident in Bulukhombe Village happened when the branches fell on the electric cables.
“The tree is near electricity cables. One of the branches fell on the cables and electrocuted the boy,” Makuchi Assistant Chief Seth Jiveti said.
Technicians from Kenya Power we called to bring down his body from the tree.
The assistant chief said an unknown person had hired the boy to prune the tree.
The administrator urged parents to be cautious with their children this period they are home for the holidays.
The Western Kenya Times is the most trusted digital news and content media in the region run by a team of young professionals in the media industry. The publication aims at giving factual and objective information that suits the needs of the people of Western Kenya.